Sunday, June 5, 2011

and then NONE.

On Wednesday June 1st, Nate got a call from the baby’s case worker indicating to us that a decision on the children was going to be made the next day, Thursday June 2nd. This decision would be irrevocable. There were three parties being considered us, the temporary foster parents, and the birth mother’s in-laws. We needed to write a letter about why we wanted to adopt. They would submit our file with all of our background checks, home study, documents, and request to a committee. The committee would decide.

We got the phone call Thursday afternoon .The phone call indicated that we were not chosen. They would not give us any other information.


Our hearts were crushed.

One…then none… then three…. Then None.

3 comments:

.Chrissy said...

I am so sorry! I know there is little consolation knowing there was some reason you guys went through this experience, time I suppose will be the true healer. I want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Caryn said...

Oh Amber, my heart is broken for you. I can't imagine how the two of you must be feeling. It doesn't make sense why we have to go through such trials, especially when so many lives could have been blessed if another decision had been made. But, I know the Lord loves you for your wonderful heart and desires and He will bless you greatly. Stay close to Him and don't lose sight of your goals and the great person you are, nor the great future you have ahead of you!

Laura said...

What a hard thing to go through! I'm sorry to hear this disappointment. I'm thinking about you and praying for you! Hang in there.